Have you heard about latest update from our prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi? He has launched a new app for cashless payments which is known as BHIM or Bharat Interface for Money. It is one of the best initiative taken by our government to make digital India. This app is based upon IMPS (Immediate Payment Service). In other words, you can instantly send money to any other person with just one tap using this app. If you are wondering about it’s name, then let me clear it for you. This app is named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar who had sacrificed his whole life for the welfare of poors and Dalits. So let’s move to some technical details about BHIM app which you should know about.
BHIM App Features:
- This app is going to have very high security, so feel free to do transactions via this app.
- As per Mr. Modi claims, in very short span of time, each and every Indian will use this app in daily use.
- All transactions can be done easily via one tap of your finger using BHIM app.
- Mr. Modi also requested all Indians to use this app as much as they so that it will get in reach of most of the Indians.
- Using this app, you can Send or Request money. Scanning QR code for paying bills is also possible.
- To use this app, all you need is UPI address which will be auto generated by the app once you will link it with your bank account.
- This app will work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. In other words, you can use this app anytime to make transactions.
- Though there are some usage restrictions on this app of Rs. 10,000 per transaction & you can not use this app for transactions of more than Rs. 20,000.
- As per Mr. Modi claims this app is created for welfare of poor farmers, Dalits & other BPL people.
Download BHIM App For Android:
This app is available for Android devices currently. iPhone and Windows users can expect this app by 15th of next month.
How I will get my UPI Address?
It’s one of the important thing of which you should know about. Once you will link your bank account with BHIM app, you will be able to get your UPI Address. By default, your mobile number (which you will use for registering for this app, will be your UPI address.) You can change it later though.
Is My Bank Supported?
Well, BHIM app supports most of the banks currently. Still we are listing all bank names which are supported by BHIM app currently:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
In which languages this app is available currently?
This app is available in just two languages as of now. English & Hindi. Though many other languages will be added in future updates.
How To Setup BHIM Android App:
Now, we are assuming that you have successfully downloaded and installed this app via Play Store. So let’s start.
- Open your app drawer.
- Tap on BHIM app icon.
- Now select your language from two options (English or Hindi).
- Hit Next button.
- Verify your mobile number now. For this task, a message will be sent from your phone so make sure that you have few rupees balance.
- Now enter a 4 digit pass code. (It will be used, every time you will launch this app).
- Now, you have to select your bank name from list of various banks. (Make sure to select bank account that is registered with your phone number).
- Click on Next and you are done.
You can enjoy all features like Send Money, Request Money etc. of this app without any issue now.
How To Send & Receive Money in BHIM Apk:
- First of all, Launch BHIM app.
- Now click on any button as per your requirements.
- Enter UBI Address of person to which you want to do transactions.
- Click on Okay Button.
How to Generate QR Code?
- As usual, Launch BHIM app.
- Click on 3 dots (located on top right of screen).
- Enter required amount and click on OK button.
Live Tweets on BHIM App:
The BHIM App is very simple to use: PM @narendramodi
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) December 30, 2016
— BHIM (@NPCI_BHIM) December 30, 2016
BHIM – An android App to simplify payments. Soon for iPhone users too.https://t.co/9ONpY5ZAob
— Poonam Mahajan (@poonam_mahajan) December 30, 2016
So it was all about BHIM App. I have covered all details about BHIM apk which you should know about. So if this article helped you in installing this app, don’t forget to share this app with your family members via Whatsapp & Facebook.